About la la sew
At la la sew, we teach kids how to sew. Sewing is a traditional craft with modern appeal. Kids LOVE designing and making their own unique clothes, accessories, stuffed animals, gifts, and bedroom decor. Handmade is way cooler than what you can buy at a store, plus there's the bragging rights!
Our classes are special because they are...
- very small - no more than four kids at a time;
- fun - we laugh a lot;
- productive - you'll make a unique project in every class;
- relaxed - perfection is over-rated.
Our classes promote...
- creativity - everyone picks their own fabrics and embellishments;
- problem solving - because sometimes things get tangled or backwards;
- resourcefulness - making things from scraps is fun;
- community - sometimes we make things for local charities;
- recycling - we often use old wool sweaters or other secondhand materials;
- happiness - making things feels good.
Our lessons include....
- Beginner Sewing Lessons- We start with the basics: machine safety, sewing a straight line, back stitching, pinning fabric, clipping threads. Then we move on to turning corners, top stitching, imbedding straps and appliqué. Before you know it, you've made something 100% unique. $25/1.5 hour lesson.
- After-school Sewing Lessons- Meet once a month for 1.5 hours to make a unique project in a small group (2-4 students). $25/1.5 hour lesson includes all materials and equipment.
- Home-schooler Sewing Lessons- Daytime group lessons are available for home-schoolers upon request. We will develop a curriculum to meet your sewing goals. Contact me to schedule a lesson. $25/1.5 hour lesson.
- Adult Sewing Lessons- Yep, we teach adults too. Private lessons are $45/hour.
- Parent-Child Lessons- Because it is always fun to learn together and very helpful for parents to have some skills to help their child at home. $50/lesson.